For the upcoming Holi celebrations at ICCT (temple), PLEASE direct your kind attention to the following rules. Thank You! for your co-operation.
When should I arrive for the event?
The event host spends significant time and resources to plan and execute an event, so most people know the answer to this question: be on time! If you are a representative of the host, the answer is that you should arrive up to 30 minutes early (you will be given a time, show up when requested).
Holi timings: 11am – 1pm on Sunday March 11th.
Where can I play Holi?
Playing with colors is ONLY allowed in the grassy grounds beyond the fence, and opposite the priest quarters. Look out for signs posted, directing you to the area.RESTRICTED AREAS: priest quarters, main temple building, multipurpose building.
Before entering community hall and restrooms, make sure you and your kids are not dripping wet and/or have loose color all over. This will ensure nobody slips and breaks a bone! Remember that some kids and adults may be allergic or asthmatic. The least we all want on this happy occasion is an ER visit. Think of this as the “peanut free campus”
policy most schools have these days Can we throw colors and play with people visiting the temple?
Please respect individual’s preferences and DO NOT throw colors at people (including kids) when they do not wish to play. Please keep away from people who are visiting the temple only. Remember that some kids and adults may be allergic or asthmatic. The least we all want on this happy occasion is an ER visit.
Should we RSVP?
RSVPs are very much appreciated and will help the host tremendously in efficient planning. In particular to Holi, as IAM will be serving snacks and drinks, RSVPs will ensure there is enough food and less/no food wastage.
Please send the total number of people that will be attending from your family to
Saturday, February 4th 2012
Indian Cultural Centre and Temple (ICCT)
12005 Hwy 64 E., Eads TN 38028
India Fest along with Memphis Bioworks Foundation, FedEx, Memphis Chamber of Commerce and FedEx Institute of Technology, University of Memphis will be holding a seminar about “Doing Business in India”. This seminar will be focused on the businesses in the Life Sciences domain. Checkout the details below.
The IndiaFest Organizing Committee seeks help from non-profit and non-sectarian organizations in the community to handle the ticketing operations for IndiaFest 2011. This entails providing a professional ticketing service involving the management and planning of the staffing and logistics to handle the approximately 10K visitors expected on the day of the event. Organizations interested in offering their services to perform the ticketing operation would require the participation of a dedicated team of 30-40 volunteers. The volunteers would also be responsible for keeping track of cash and tickets sold and cooperate with the procedures and process of account consolidation.
As our appreciation of the help & support, the organizing committee will extend the opportunity to advertise for the participating organization on the IndiaFest website and brochure and also provide all volunteers with free entry ticket. If interested, we will also make available a free booth at IndiaFest 2011.
Interested parties may contact the IndiaFest Organizing committee by September 10, 2011 @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basic Details –
- Gates will open from 10:00 am till 6:00 pm. Ticketing volunteers will need to be scheduled from 9:30 am onwards
- We plan to have 6-8 ticketing tables each manned by 2 volunteers to sell the wristbands and attach to the festival attendees wrist
- IndiaFest Finance & Operations team will provide backend support and cash management with scheduled audit of cash & tickets sold by the volunteer
The organization and volunteers will have to abide by the financial processes and ticket handling procedures provided by the IndiaFest Organizing Committee
India Fest Committee
The Rotary Club of Germantown proudly presents:
2011 Germantown International Festival
Come enjoy programs for the whole family!
Time: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Germantown Baptist Church
Click here for more details:http://www.iamemphis.org/docs/GFestFlyer.pdf
Disclaimer: This information is provided to community members for general information purposes only. IAM makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
IAM will conduct INDIA NIGHT this year at the Rose Theatre at the University of Memphis on Saturday, October 1st from 5 PM onwards. Dinner will be served after the program at the UC Ballroom.
This is a call for registration for the cultural program on India Night. Interested groups, please send in your entries soon as we have limited slots this year. The registration form can be found here :http://www.iamemphis.org/home/faqs.php#DEFINITION
Guidelines to register are listed below:
- Please fill out the above form and email it to email@example.com
- Entries are honored on a first come first served basis. So please hurry to reserve your entries.
- All Participants must be members of IAM.
- Only one performance per participant.
- Maximum time limit for each performance is 6 minutes to accommodate more participants and performances.
- All the performances will be group performances. All groups should have a minimum of 6 participants.
- NO Duplicate Entries are allowed, first come first serve.
- If there are any duplicate Entries for a performance, IAM Committee will determine who gets to keep the song/theme on a first come first served basis. All others will be asked to choose different theme/songs.
- All entries must be received by end of the day – August 28, 2011.
- Auditions will be held in the second week of September to see the quality/uniqueness of the program.
- IAM Committee reserves all rights to refuse any items that are deemed as inappropriate for the program.
- Participants will be informed once their item is selected.
So, send your participation entry across to us and get ready for a night of music, dance, fun and camaraderie and lights! As always we thank you for your participation and support.